BestHomeAdvices.com Leather Furniture Cleaning & maintenance – Find some essential tips and tricks that will assist you in taking care of leather furniture.
With increasing trend of using leather furniture items in the recent past few years, it has been much obvious for common people to display and feel social status. Leather furniture often presents a unique feel and identity to your interior designing plan however; you should always focus on taking care of these delicate things.
Leather Furniture Cleaning & Maintenance
Experts suggest that maintenance of the leather furniture does not need any comprehensive or complicated planning rather you can achieve it at your own efforts. Of course, these furniture items made of excellent leather will be more vulnerable to stains, dust and wear if care is not taken.
Sturdiness and beauty of the leather furniture will stay with you for longer time duration if you take regular and proper steps to clean and maintain them.
Some of the Leather furniture cleaning tips and tricks (do and don’t) are –
- You should always avoid use of hard cleaning solutions that consist of chemicals and harmful ingredients that may damage leather.
- Sometimes, leather furniture may develop unwanted stains which can be removed with the help of solutions that are neutral in pH and chemical-free in nature.
- Cracking of leather can be stopped by not exposing the furniture to excess heat or sunlight which easily breaks down the natural oil.
- Dusting of leather furniture becomes essential for which you can use damp and wet cloths to clean cushions and armrests. Hard-reaching areas can be dusted with soft attachment.
- In order to check for side effects of cleaning solutions and furniture discoloration, you must do patch tests in the hidden areas.
- Damage can easily occur to your sofa sets and leather furniture after using hard solutions thus; you should always try use to mild solutions for cleaning purpose.
- Spills should be immediately removed with damp cloths or newspaper otherwise; leather will absorb it.
- Never bring sharp and pointed objects near to the leather furniture in order to protect it from scratches and future tearing.
- Various kinds of leather conditioners are available in the market that can be applied to furniture items for regaining natural oil, which will further keep dirt and spills away.
Also Read – Eco Friendly Furniture Buying Guide